SABAT Ford Ranger – Win this Competition T’s & C’s
Terms and Conditions
Please read these competition rules carefully. These competition rules (“rules”) explain your rights and duties in connection with this competition. If you take part in this competition or accept any prize, these rules will apply to you and you agree that the Promoter can assume that you have read and have agreed to be legally bound to these competition rules.
Auto X (Pty) Ltd is running a promotional competition. Purchase a new SABAT battery and register the battery online to stand a chance to win a Ford Ranger Savage 250.
- “Participant” means the person who purchases a new SABAT Battery and registers the SABAT battery online who then goes into the promotional draw to stand a chance to win a Ford Ranger Savage 250.
- Promoter” means Auto X (Pty) Ltd or its agencies used to promote this competition.
- How this competition works?
- On the purchase of a new SABAT Battery and the registration thereof, qualifying participants will be entered into the promotional draw to stand a chance to win a Ford Ranger Savage 250.
- The participant must register their new SABAT Battery at sabat.co.zato stand a chance of winning the prize.
- One finalist will be drawn monthly during the course of the competition, totalling three finalists when the competition period closes.
- Visit sabat.co.zafor more information.
- While stock lasts and only at participating stores.
- Participants must retain their invoice as proof of purchase as this together with their registration will not only allow entry into the competition but will also ensure the battery’s warranty is activated
- The participant’s mobile phone number is key to all entries. If the entrant has won on a particular mobile phone number, they cannot use another number in order to be contacted. Further, this number needs to be a valid working number that is contactable during office hours.
- The competition will commence on 1 June 2018 and close at 24:00 on the 31stof August 2018.
- Any entries received after the competition period are invalid.
- Draw dates:
The finalists will be drawn monthly from date of commencement. This will take place within 5 working days after the respective month draws to an end, given the draw date falls on a working day, with the cut-off time being at midnight of the last day of the month for qualifying entries. All qualifying entries received after midnight will roll over to the next month’s draw.
Thereafter, and once the competition period closes, the three finalists will each be provided with a key/remote to the Ford Ranger Savage 250. Only one key/remote will unlock the vehicle and the person in possession of the key/remote in question will win the prize. The other two finalists will win a consolation prize of R20 000 in cash each.
The Promoter reserves the right to extend the competition or change the draw dates. Notice of this will be posted in these rules.
- On the purchase of a new SABAT battery and on the successful registration of their new SABAT battery, each participant then stands a chance to WIN the Ford Ranger Savage 250.
- Of the three determined finalists, only one finalist will win the Ford Ranger Savage 250.
- The two other finalists will then each win a consolation prize.
- The prizes are not transferable.
- The following process will be followed to determine the finalists;
- The multiple draws will be monitored and managed by a registered auditor who will:
- Review the rules and ensure that the rules are applied.
- i) Only completed and successful registrations entered in that particular month are included in the batch;
- ii) Thereafter, all entries will roll over into the next monthly draw
iii) the drawing process is truly a “random” process;
- iv) The participant who was selected was contacted and it was verified that the person adhered to the Rules, and if not, another entrant was drawn;
- i) All completed registrations entered by participants during any week are included in the grand prize batch excluding the finalists drawn during the monthly draws
- ii) The drawing process is a truly “random” process;
- Retain the information of the competition for a period of at least three (3) years.
- Terms & Conditions of the Ford Ranger Savage 250
- The vehicle is a 2018 Ford Ranger Double-Cab XLT 3.2 turbo diesel automatic 6 speed, including the Savage 250 package
- The winner will receive the Ford Ranger Savage 250 with a full tank of petrol
- It is the winner’s responsibility to register the vehicle in his/her name within 30 days after the winning date. The Promotor will supply the winner with all the relevant registration documents
- The winner will have to secure vehicle insurance within 30 days after the winning date. During this 30-day period, the Promotor will cover the insurance of the vehicle
- During the promotional period, the Promotor will use the vehicle for promotional purposes whereby kilometres will be accrued on the vehicle, not in excess of 20 000 kilometres. The original vehicle warranty and vehicle service plan is applicable from original date of purchase
- Any modification default will have to be referred to Road to Race
- The original colour of the vehicle is standard white and it therefore the winner’s prerogative to keep or remove the vehicle wrap
- All branding relating to the Promotor’s brand will be removed after the “Winner’s Function”
- The competition is open to all South African residents aged 18 years or over with a valid South African delivery address Identity Document, valid driver’s license and South African bank account, where applicable.
- No one who is a director, employee, agent, consultant, spouse, life partner, close family member or business partner of the promoter or the supplier of goods and services in connection with this competition may enter this competition.
- No employee or any family member of the participating stores may enter into the competition.
- Any participant who is under the age of 18 (eighteen) (referred to as minors) are only allowed to take part in the competition and receive a prize if their parent or legal guardian gives them the required legal consent and assistance to do so.
- Is there a limit on the number of times you can enter?
The number of entries is limited to the number of batteries purchased as only one battery warranty registration form can be completed and entered for each new battery purchased.
- How will finalists be chosen?
All finalists will be selected randomly by an electronically generated draw.
- How will the finalists be notified?
- The finalists will be contacted telephonically within5 working days after the respective competition month draws to an end.
- If the promoter is unable to contact the finalist, the promoter will draw another finalist(s).
- Finalists have until 17:00pm of the same day to provide the promoters with their verifiable documentation. Finalists who fail to meet this deadline will forfeit their chance to win and the next finalist in line will be contacted.
- Finalists who have not given the promoters the correct contact details and incorrect verifiable documentation will forfeit their chance to win
- The “Winners Event”
- The three finalists will be notified and invited to a central point for a “winner’s function”.
- One lucky winner will win the Ford Ranger Savage 250
- The other two finalists will each win R20 000 in cash. All travel arrangements will be communicated and organised by the Promotor.
- The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter and any of the rewards companies reserve the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
- If the promotional offer is not available, despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the offer, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the offer of equal value.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name, image and footage captured during the SABAT Win This Promotion in any publicity material without compensation. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- For any queries about the competition please email Lauren Khoury at firstname.lastname@example.org
- South African law governs this competition.
- The Participants acknowledge and agree that in order to enter the competition; the promoter must collect and use personal information about the participants. Any Personal Information will be used solely in accordance with current personal data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the participant’s’ prior consent.
You agree to indemnify the Promoter fully for any loss or damage the Promoter may suffer because you breached the competition rules.
Under this entire clause “indemnify” means you agree to reimburse the Promoter for the following: any loss or damage they suffer, any expenses and costs they paid or are responsible for. Legal costs means costs on an attorney and own client scale.
You also agree to indemnify the Promoter for any loss or damage you suffered because you took part in this competition or used the prize. If you enter the competition, or use or accept the prize, you understand that you do so of your own free will. This means that you cannot hold the Promoter legally responsible for any loss or damage or legal expenses you suffered because you took part in this competition or used the prize.
You furthermore agree to indemnify the Promoter fully for any loss, damage, claim, or injury that may occur because of the use of the prize or your inability to use the prize for any reason. This includes, but is not limited to, injury, loss, death or financial damages caused to any person other than yourself.
You therefore agree that you cannot hold the Promoter legally responsible for any loss or damage or legal expenses or medical expenses you suffered caused because you used the prize.
You will protect the Promoter from being held legally responsible for the loss or damage or legal expenses of another person (legal or natural) if such loss or damage or expense was incurred because:
you breached the competition rules;
you took part in this competition; and/or
you or any person used a prize.